Star Wars - The Original Trilogy (4K77/80/83 upgrades)
(May 05, 2024, 22:45 pm)Handy Wrote: who has an invite or torrent link for 4K80?

how about the resilio link for for 4K80?
(May 07, 2024, 15:02 pm)Handy Wrote:
(May 05, 2024, 22:45 pm)Handy Wrote: who has an invite or torrent link for 4K80?

Check your messages.

(May 07, 2024, 15:02 pm)Handy Wrote:

I think you may want to register at the site Billy listed:

thestarwarstrilogy.com

There are multiple versions of the various movies as well as lots of ancillary media and it's free to download anything after you register (which is also free).  There's no downside to checking it out and as far as I can remember you don't need an invitation.
need the link or a torrent.
i tried for several hours to register and its evidently not happening

i cant imagine why they made it so absurdly difficult to get the link.

i want the remux or largest 4K80
(May 08, 2024, 11:38 am)Handy Wrote: need the link or a torrent.
i tried for several hours to register and its evidently not happening

i cant imagine why they made it so absurdly difficult to get the link.

i want the remux or largest  4K80

I sent you a PM with the Resilio link.  You didn't get it?
cool thanks.

my copy of the BR of empire looks 5-10 times better.
i think i noticed billys version is also grainy as well
it looked better at the drive in...

just me?
this is unwatchable garbage, the worst copy i ever saw.

you?
(May 13, 2024, 14:18 pm)Handy Wrote: cool thanks.

just me?

you?

Its a 3Mb/s 1080p x264 encode of a 53Mb/s 4K x265 film transfer with no DNR, so yeah there's some grain and yeah the encode I made isn't going to deal with it very well when you put it on a bigger screen. The copy I posted (along with every encode i post) is for folks who don't stress about video quality so much and just want to watch the movie with no fuss. I put detailed instructions on how to get the full 4K file specifically for people who want better image quality 

and btw the full 4K80 file looks 5-10 times better than the official blu-ray because it wasn't completely scrubbed of all the grain and retains way more detail as a result. grain makes encoding tougher but it looks way better then when its scrubbed
(May 13, 2024, 22:53 pm)billythefist Wrote:

just me?

you?

Its a 3Mb/s 1080p x264 encode of a 53Mb/s 4K x265 film transfer with no DNR, so yeah there's some grain and yeah the encode I made isn't going to deal with it very well when you put it on a bigger screen. The copy I posted (along with every encode i post) is for folks who don't stress about video quality so much and just want to watch the movie with no fuss. I put detailed instructions on how to get the full 4K file specifically for people who want better image quality 

and btw the full 4K80 file looks 5-10 times better than the official blu-ray because it wasn't completely scrubbed of all the grain and retains way more detail as a result. grain makes encoding tougher but it looks way better then when its scrubbed

Like I said, earlier, your efforts are appreciated,  good sir!

just me?

you?

"... grain makes encoding tougher but it looks way better then when its scrubbed ..."

Man, it should be illegal to remove original film grain. 

I remember a Mad Max 2The Road Warrior disk I saw a few years ago that was scrubbed to within an inch of its life, until it looked like low-end CG.
(May 14, 2024, 02:04 am)I Want To Go Faster Wrote:

just me?

you?

"... grain makes encoding tougher but it looks way better then when its scrubbed ..."

Man, it should be illegal to remove original film grain. 

I remember a Mad Max 2The Road Warrior disk I saw a few years ago that was scrubbed to within an inch of its life, until it looked like low-end CG.

I love film grain.  The problem is that grain disappeared in the '90s when filmmakers switched to digital editing so the last decade when audiences still saw grain on the big screen every time they went to a movie was the 80s.  Young people think there's something wrong with a transfer if there's visible film grain.  After the Criterion laserdisc release no home video transfer of Halloween had film grain again until the 35th Anniversary Blu-ray.  When DVDs were brand new Body Heat was among the first batch of titles WB released.  Body Heat used a lot of film grain as part of the visual style and WB did a beautiful transfer that preserved the theatrical look of the movie.  Then they were surprised by the returns and complaints because people thought the transfer was bad.  After that, everyone used a lot of DNR on DVD transfers to eliminate film grain because that's what most consumers wanted.  The only reason grain started turning up again is because home video is mostly a videophile format now and a lot of videophiles are purists who want the original theatrical look of the movies preserved.  Transfers of older movies frequently split the difference now and leave enough grain so the movie doesn't look too digital but also use enough DNR so there isn't too much film grain for people who were never used to seeing it in the first place.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brandon Tenold - STAR CRYSTAL MATMAN 3 771 May 08, 2024, 20:41 pm
Last Post: I Want To Go Faster
  [REQUEST] Rifftrax BluRay/4k Upgrades donking187 3 2,741 Feb 27, 2024, 18:44 pm
Last Post: billythefist
  Star Wars Holiday Special -720px_Norm_prob3 Handy 1 2,533 Dec 27, 2023, 22:35 pm
Last Post: kargath
  (request) Star Wars movies in 2160p Waferty 0 3,025 Sep 10, 2023, 23:03 pm
Last Post: Waferty
  [REQ] Star Trek Motion &Star Trek Nemises riff cousinbow 12 6,810 Sep 03, 2023, 18:47 pm
Last Post: DoctorChimera